Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Philonatura - future topics - nature, ecology, science

Dear Friend


Welcome to my blog, philonatura, meaning love of nature. I hope to share with you my deep-seated respect for nature, natural philosophy (science), humanity and my own work area of expertise which includes formulating with natural ingredients for natural products. I also look forward to your comments from which I no doubt will learn a great deal. My topics reflect those areas that I have found so meaningful, but are almost always neglected in schools and are rarely properly addressed in other venues. The themes usually fall into one of four broad categories:


1) Ecology

2) Sociobiology – The biological origin of how living things think and act

3) Arcane, but essential science, mathematics and history

4) The Meaning of Life



Some of my topics include:



  • Hidden meanings of PI, e, The Golden Ratio
  • Global Warming – Fact or Fiction?
  • Are men really attracted to their mothers or just Freud?
  • Dimensional Similitude – The most stunning scientific phenomenon that you’ve never heard of
  • Can an atheist really be ethical?
  • Nature vs. Nurture – Who is the Winner?
  • Postpartum Depression – Why it’s a natural, evolutionary phenomenon, not an illness and how to deal with it
  • The inherent conflict between in-laws
  • Do scientific explanations, e.g. understanding how a rainbow is formed, destroy our appreciation of underlying beauty?
  • Pre-industrial society; was it really a paradise?
  • Is beauty only skin-deep? Is there one ideal and does it vary between cultures?
  • What’s the fundamental difference between a conservative and a liberal?


Enjoy


Daniel Rudy

No comments:

Post a Comment